Monday, March 31, 2008

Babies, Babies, Babies

I have not posted anything in a while...Today's thought is...BABIES! It just occurred to me that there has been a lot of talk lately about babies! My cousin is due in a couple of months, a friend is having twins; the topic has come up whether or not I will be adding to my brood (and when!)...Just seems like a lot of baby talk lately! So I got on Splitcoast today and realized I had not yet done a card using the Chalkboard technique.

So, I take a look at my stamp collection and after noticing my lack of bold images I fall upon Wild About You. I don't use this set near as often as I should and I thought-"Hey, let's use this." I decided to go with a baby theme. I did a pink elephant and a blue giraffe. I guess they turned out alright...it appears I wasn't as inspired as I thought I was! LOL

So here's the deets: Pretty in Pink and Bashful Blue DSP matched with Close to Cocoa and Whisper White card stock. Added some green beads and Certainly Celery ink to the giraffe card; Taffeta ribbon, gingham ribbon to the elephant card. Polka dots were done with a versamarker, white gel pen accents. That's about it!

Hope one of you out there gets inspired to make something for a new little someone!

Hugs,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I keep coming back to the polka dot elephant...he's so cute...or she. Can ya make one for me?
Seriously...I love it!

Monika in VA said...

They are so cute!!! I really love the way you used the eyelets as 'spots' on the giraffe!

Kelsey said...

I like these baby cards. I haven't done the chalk technique either, may have to try it soon! Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I don't know why I still don't own this stamp set. Every time I see a card with it, I love it!