Monday, January 26, 2009

Challenge: Day Four - Faux Mosaic

Whew! Boy did I start today's project late! But I finished before my deadline, so YAY me! Since I have been spending more time on the computer lately I have been checking out more blogs, too. I was looking at Jessica's Stampergarten the other day and saw THIS card using a faux mosaic technique. Hmmmm....never tried that one before, seems simple enough, so I went for it. I was very careful to only use the technique and not CASE anything directly and here is what I came up with:


I started this project somewhere around 9 pm and it took me nearly three hours to complete. That is mostly because I decided to do a flower with tons of little pieces...and I wasn't sure on the design. I am learning that it sometimes takes me FOREVER to get a new idea down in paper! I sure hope this 30 day challenge exercises my brain well enough that I will become much faster at this!

Here are the details: The whole flower image was pieced by me. I cut basic shapes down into smaller pieces to create the image, then embossed with light blue embossing powder in all the open areas. I used the scallop edge punch to make a frame on the side and put a cardstock sticker strip in the window to peek out. I mounted the Friend sentiment on white and red ovals using brads. Overall, I kinda like this card! It makes me happy! I will try to find solid adhesive sheets next time though...all I had was strips of Tacky Tape which left a sort of picket fence effect in the embossing. It sorta adds some charm though, don't ya think???

Colors used: Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue, Real Red & So Saffron

Well, thanks for stopping by! And don't forget to leave a comment if you like what I am doing...I need all the encouragement I can to get through this challenge! LOL

Happy Stamping!

Hugs,



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but whatever that flower thing is you made, its hideous. You spent 3 hours on that?

Shannon said...

Well, you can't please em all... Thanks for the comment! :)

Anonymous said...

First of all Anonymous didn't your Mama teach you better! If you can't stay something nice keep it to yourself! Costructive criticism and rudness are NOT the same thing.
Second...Shannon I think your card is awesome! Thanks for sharing the technique...I will have to give it a go sometime.

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT SHANNON! If you for yourself, but for my sanity at work! These kiddos are driving me crazy and I like to be able to escape to your blog for a few minutes!

Banu said...

Shannon, This card is beautiful. I really like the marble tile effect that you have created. You have lots of patience to do this becuase it is quite time consuming. The color combination is very soft and pleasing to the eye. Thanks for sharing. I want to give it a try too.

Anonymous said...

The card looks terrific! Love the flowere and colors!