Sunday, January 25, 2009

Challenge:Day Three Baptism Page

Here we are on Day 3 of my 30 day creativity challenge. While doing yesterday's project I realized that I had a whole set of felt flowers that I had NEVER EVEN OPENED!! How many of you do this? I am constantly buying stuff that I think is neat only to have it sit (in this case in a jar) for months without a second glance. Another reason I think this 30 day challenge will help me!

I decided yesterday that I really wanted to use some of those felt flowers on today's project. I also decided I would make a scrapbook page. It's been FOREVER since I attempted any sort of scrapbooking! Needless to say, it took me a little longer than planned. The only thing that didn't change was the felt flowers. I Changed my mind on everything from the background paper to the pictures! Note to self: when scrapbooking, stick to what you do best! In my case it is taking inspiration from my photos NOT some embellishment of the day!

So after many "rewrites" my page turned out like so (click on pic to enlarge):


Admittedly, this is not the typical colors I would have thought to do a baptism page in. I do not mind them though...a little non-traditional. My plan is to journal a bible verse into the large orange flower...but I am not sure that is enough. Although I really like my chipboard "I" I can't help but think it is missing something...it seems to stick out like a sore thumb...

So please feel free to leave any suggestions you may have...If I use any of them I will post the finished page at a later date.

And for you crafty people that need to know the deets-here they are:
(all items SU unless noted otherwise)
Paper: Old Olive Textured CS, Pumpkin Pie Textured CS, Positively Pink CS, Die Cut Blooms
Ink:Whisper white Craft (on chipboard)
Other: Scalloped edge punch, green & white rub ons (SU SAB 2008), Flower Fusion Felt flowers, Circle Ice brads in green, cross and chipboard from unknown source, orange Stickles

Just a note: I added some color to the cross with markers, and the vine-y rub on was done green over white to produce a shadow effect.

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shannon, I love the page! Do you have Everyday Blessings from PTI? I can stamp a sentiment on some vellum for you and you could then place it over your flower...just a suggestion. I used that set for my Nephews page and it looks great.

Your colors are right up my alley, SU BB were my fave colors for a very long time.

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I like the idea of a Bible verse in the flower. The whole layout looks great!

Susan said...

That is such a beautiful page! I love what you did with the rub ons. Such a great idea!!