Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day 7: Second Grade Valentine's

Already the daily blog grind is becoming easier! Today I got to stamp with friends- and stampin is always better with friends! I knew what I wanted to work on, so it was no problem to chat and stamp at the same time!

Part of the whole point of this 30 day challenge is to use what you have on hand and today is no exception! I bought prescored packs of Wild Wasabi cardstock from SU forever ago figuring that if nothing else it would be some extra stock of that yummy color....Well today I have put it to use! These are the treats we will be giving to my second grader's class for Valentine's Day....

In addition to the prscored (how easy is that!?) card stock I also used a new DSP called Raspberry Tart. I absolutely LOVE this paper! I used one of the more chromatic designs for this card. The large heart in the middle is from a new set called Love You Much. I stamped the image in Rose red then colored the flowers Cameo Coral. The dots were colored Wild Wasabi green.

I thought it would be cool to cover the heart in Crystal Effects to give it an epoxy 3D texture. When I did this, my colors kinda ran together and the green in the dots practically disappeared. My solution was to redo the dots in Lime Green Stickles after the CE dried. I mounted the heart on a wasabi mat and adhered it using dimensionals.

The ribbon is some 1" Rose Red grossgrain that I thought was retired but realized today is luckily still available. To finish off the flap at the top, I stamped a rose red sentiment from Toucan of my Love onto a strip of cameo coral and used the scallop punch on the flap edge. I also detailed the little hearts with a white gel pen. DD got home from school and loved it....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs,



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great Valentine hand out, so loved the Wild Wassabi from SU it looks great with this new dp also.

Anonymous said...

These are adorable! I still have those WW cards too...hmmm maybe I should pull them out of the scrap box. Glad you got to stamp with friends....I miss you!