Saturday, January 24, 2009

Day Two: More Shower Inspiration

I am pleased to bring you day two's project, again inspired by a bottle in my shower. Here is my inspiration...


And here is the result (drumroll please)...





I was downstairs when I made this so I forgot that the lettering on the bottle was actually black. I don't mind the blue so much. I used Bashful Blue with some brocade blue on the background image and Ballet Blue for the sentiment. I finally pulled out a couple of flowers from my collection and put them to good use! And I gotta tell you about that white one! It is just an ordinary flower-probably prima if I had to guess-but here's the WOW: I embossed it! And I LOVE how the embossing brings almost a plastic shiny quality to the bloom. Here is a closer look (albeit blurry I am sure):


Can you see the shine? There is a little light reflecting off the top petals.



I learned this little trick when I went to the SU Regional in Orlando a couple of weeks ago. I would have never thought to emboss a flower! You can emboss the fabric ones (like in the Pretties kit) too! They said you dont even have to use versamark..just get it wet and but some embossing powder on it!

How cool is that? I don't know what it is about these little 4x4 cards, but I am really starting to like the size...

Well, thanks for checking up on me...only 28 more days to go!


Hugs,




5 comments:

Virginia said...

I like the new card, great job! I am hoping to learn how to heat emboss soon. I am just waiting to get a heat gun. Did you heat the flower after you put the embossing powder on it? I have a ton of primas I could try this on.

Shannon said...

I did heat it after I put the powder on. You can often use store coupons to get a really good deal on heat guns...I got my first one at Hobby Lobby for about $10 after it was 50% off. Now that's a deal!

Unknown said...

I did not know you could emboss on the flowers going to give this a try. Thank you for that tip. Your card is fab, you have me looking around my house now for inspiration.

Anonymous said...

FIGURES! You have updated your blog during my busy time at work. LOL!

I love your ideas! You rock! Maybe your creativity will rub off on me!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card...love the embossing on the flower...great idea!