Saturday, February 7, 2009

Day 16:Reduce, Reuse Recycle PTI Swap

I was so busy today that I did not have time to participate in Nichole's sketch challenge! So I am posting the cards I have made for the PTI round 2 swap on Splitcoast. I signed up for the Reduce, Reuse, Recycle portion of the swap and if I understand it correctly, the cards should have the same layout, but not necessarily the same colors.

The first thing I did was go through my scraps and look for any cardstock that was already cut down to standard card size. This dictated my base colors. I then looked through my DSP scraps to find coordinating designs. The scraps I found mostly had floral type designs so I scoured my small collection of PTI stamps for anything that resembled the designs found in the DSP. I used the same leaf image on all the cards and just substituted different shaped flowers to go with the DSP. I used flower shapes from Honey Bees, Beautiful Blooms, and Little Lady to name a few. Each card has a scrap ribbon bow and each card has stickles added to the flowers. For the sentiments, I used some acrylic word tiles that I have had FOREVER. They needed some love! In two cases, I did not have tiles to match, so I stamped a sentiment in coordinating colors and used a clear 3-D sticker to make my own tile. This can be seen on the "wish" and "for you" cards. This swap really inspired me to reach for those scrap boxes first for inspiration...and it was right up my alley for the 30 day non-purchase challenge!

Some of them I think turned out really nice, others maybe not so much...leave me a comment and let me know which on is your favorite!

Thanks so much for stopping by! Happy Stamping!


Hugs,



2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMGoodness these are BEAUTIFUL! Wonderful job on this set of swap cards. Hurray for Shannon ;) (now why did I not host this round again?) Kicking myself, well if I could I would.

Banu said...

ooh...this cards are ab fab. I am glad I signed up for the recycle swap and I hope I get one of yours. Plus you have given me the exact recipe to get my cards done.